Friday, January 3, 2014

What I learned in December

 
Now that December, and 2013 for that matter, is over, what did it teach me?
 
1.  I actually love the Elf on the Shelf idea.  Doug and I had a great time coming up with ideas and copying others ideas to make our gals smile when they woke up each day.  I also liked taking pictures of the antics. 
 
2.  Christmas trees and decorations always get up in time for Christmas, even if I am one of the later decorators.  I also learned from facebook that I am not the only one and therefore can quit berating myself about it every year.
 
3.  I have done a great job raising my gals.  When Doug and I were sick on Christmas Eve and Day, my girls were amazing at  pulling Christmas together.  My heart was about to burst.
 
4.  Snuggling on a couch with my family for almost a week was wonderful  and something I will always cherish. 
 
5.  I am not a fan of the commercialization of Christmas although I do love the Santa, Elves, and Reindeer component.  I am going to simplify even more next season.  I loved that this year was about togetherness and not stuff. 
 
 
All that being said....December is still one of my least favorite months and I am ready to get this new year started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)