Monday, February 9, 2015

Daybook....

Good Morning, I am linking up with The Simple Woman's Blog for the weekly Daybook



For today... February 9, 2015

Outside my window.... Chilly (in the 30's for a high) but no snow.  Most of the snow has melted from the warm temps this weekend.

I am thinking... that I had a great, great weekend with my family.

I am thankful... that my children view each other as important.  We had to plan Lucy's birthday celebration around Katie's work hours because she just started her new job and can't request time off.  Lucy would have never considered celebrating her birthday without her big sis present.

I am wearing... my sparkly sweater again.  I must need the sparkles to handle a Monday morning.

I am creating... nothing at the moment, but do have some unfinished projects.  My mind has been exhausted lately and I am just chilling and puttering around.

I am praying... for a family decision that could make a huge difference in our lives.  I see so many pro's and am trying to decide if the con's, though few, are too big to tackle right now.  I am also praying for a family member that has my heart heavy right now.  I love him so much and he is making such poor decisions.

In the kitchen... I made homemade mostaccioli and Italian beef this weekend.  It was soooo yummy.  I am thinking about some potato soup for a night this week, and I am super hungry for some grilled cheese.  Only one game to work around this week and that isn't until Friday.

A few plans...Doug is working on making our garage a "man cave" so I have decided to work on making my front porch more of a "mom cave".  I am wanting to make it kind of craft/work/library area.  I won't start until Spring since it is not heated, but I am getting my ideas together.

A peek into my day.... this is my favorite part of my job, reading to children.


9 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful when the Kiddos show their love for each other! Warms a momma's heart! :)
    Will be in prayer for your family decision.
    I like your sparkly shirt philosophy! MOnday's are my least favorite and I need some motivation too! It's kind of a dreary day here in Missouri. Drizzly...
    Yumm!!!! your kitchen sound like the place to be! Oh how I love Italian anything! :)
    Penny, I hope you have a very blessed week! I'll be back around! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Mom, on teaching your kids to love each other! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Voni

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of a front porch 'mom space' sounds like heaven. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is working on his "man cave" as well, but in the basement. He has the walls put up, wiring done and insulation put in; next up, dry wall...my least favorite part of this job!

    Everything in your "kitchen" post sounds amazing!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet your daughters want to include each in their parties!

    Reading to children is fun. I loved reading to my kids when they were little and I'm so looking forward to reading to my twin grandies when they get moved back home.

    I'm a big fan of grilled cheese, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the woman cave idea of the front porch sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, your "I'm thankful" brought tears to my eyes. Your children view each other as important because of what you and your husband have lived out before them.

    It is obvious that the little ones you read to enjoying it as much as you do. :)

    Great post, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparkles definitely make a Monday better! And wow - I'm really hungry for a grilled cheese now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish my kids were that thoughtful of each other. Sometimes they are, but it comes in spurts. I pray you find the answers you need with whatever situation is put to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)