Thursday, January 23, 2014

Remembering to Pray

 
I am easily the one who says "I will pray for you, that, etc" but my day to day is so busy that I have to be creative in remembering to follow through.  Right now, I am praying for two separate missionaries and my Bible Study friend.  I also pray for my family, our church prayer list and chain, and  other friends and family.  The way I remember is by establishing routines and visual reminders. 
 
I always pray for my family and our day when my first alarm goes off in the morning.  For new prayers that need urgent attention or are specific, I draw a cross on my hand.  If I had several of these needs, I would make  a cross for each one.  Then, when I am working or writing, etc. I will see these crosses and remember to hold those up in prayer.  Very similar to the string on your finger type of reminder. 
 
I have tried lists and post it notes, but this isn't effective for me for daily prayers.  However, I do write down prayer requests so I can reference them later and see how God has answered and worked in those situations.  I have also fasted over my lunch hour if something feels very strong in my soul.  Fasting does not work for everyone but is a very effective prayer tool for many, it is not the action that God requires but rather the sacrifice.  Fasting is not a requirement of prayer and fellowship with God.   I have never fasted for a whole day or more.  Giving  up lunch is such a minor sacrifice in most of the situations I am in prayer for.
 
I am so thankful that God has given us prayer as a way of speaking to him and bringing our requests to the throne.  I know he knows my needs before I ask, but am so thankful that he desires that fellowship with me.  He loves all his children and is so faithful in his response according to his will. 
 
Thank You Jesus
 
 
This is what works for me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)