Thursday, January 16, 2014

Waiting on His Perfect Time

 
Are you doing what you always thought you would with your life?  If not, is that ok with you?  Did God have a different plan in mind for you?
 
 
I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mamma.  I always wanted a whole "gaggle" of kids.  Four may seem like a lot to most people, but I could have had more.  I feel I am over that now that I am almost ........43.  I am too tired for middle of the night feedings, diaper changes, sickies, etc.  I really like my sleep now a days and don't function well without it I would add.
 
I always thought I would be a stay at home mama. Never a working mother.  I have been blessed with opportunities to be at home three times since becoming a mom.  The first year and 1/2 of Katie's life, for 6 months after Cassie was born, and for four and 1/2 years starting when Madi was 6 months old.  However, work always seemed to be in God's picture due to finances and eventually I would need to go back.
 
I still struggle with this.  My dream is to be home raising my children, being there before and after school and on breaks.  I would prefer to be making a home that is our refuge rather than the quick pick ups, meals,etc that happen in the short amount of time between getting home and getting to bed in order to get back up and leave again. 
 
I am not bashing women who love their careers.  I do love what I do.  It is just my dream to one day be the homemaker and mama that feels right to me.  I feel this is still God's plan for me.  As with all things I am learning to be patient and wait on him.  Until then, I will praise him for the opportunity of working in a field I love. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)