Monday, January 13, 2014

Blessed Monday

 
Strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.~ Acts 14:22
 
That was the key verse for the bible study I am involved in for today. 
 
Hardships?  Who wants to go through hardships?  Not me, but  what a great feeling to know that God knows we will and that he is there with us during those times.  I have referenced before that winter is a hard time for me emotionally.  It seems like while everyone else is celebrating the holidays, I am grieving one of my greatest losses.  But I know that those winters turn into beautiful springs.  I know grieving is a key part to the joys of life.  If we didn't have such joyful experiences, we wouldn't grieve them when that season of life has ended.  Joy and grief are both part of life's most amazing experiences and relationships. 
 
I am learning to accept the lows with the highs.  The good with the bad.  Joy and sorrow.  I am learning to let myself feel those emotions rather than ignore them, rather than hide them.  I am a blessed woman in all areas of my life.  I thank God everyday for the people he brings into my life and for holding me in his arms when it is time for them to move on.  To move on to eternity.  To move on to the most joyful existence with the promise of seeing them again forever and where sorrow will not ever be experienced again.
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)