Monday, December 1, 2014

Your Favorite Christmas Tradition

 
We have developed many traditions for our family over the years.  We always open one present on Christmas Eve, we have Grinch Punch on Christmas Eve, we lay out cookies and a beer for Santa (this has been since my childhood), sprinkle oatmeal in the yard for the reindeer, have sparkling grape juice and chocolate eclairs on Christmas morning, and we go see a movie as a family on Christmas afternoon at the movie theater.
 
Leading up to Christmas we have chocolate advent calendars, have fun with R.J. our Elf on the Shelf, go to the surrounding towns that have light displays on a  snowy evening, attend  the Santa breakfast in town, and enjoy the school's Christmas program.
 
We have many family dinners and get togethers to attend to wish everyone a wonderful holiday and spend quality time with the ones we love. 
 
My favorite tradition?  Probably leaving cookies and beer for Santa.  I don't know how it started but I have done that since I was old enough to remember Christmas.  My hubby doesn't drink so we have to buy it just for Santa and use the rest for Italian Beef throughout the year.  It is a tradition that has never changed and reminds me of my Daddy.....he had some things in common with Santa....wink wink.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Grinch Punch
 
Lime sherbert
Ginger Ale
Green Sprinkles
 
Scoop the sherbert into a glass or cup and fill with ginger ale.  Top with some green sprinkles and don't forget the green straw... :) 
 
Merry Christmas
 


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fact that you leave out beer for Santa LOL I had never heard of that before.

    Thanks for the Grinch Punch recipe, I think I will try it this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...the Grinch has to be there and love the grinch punch! Also love the leaving cookies and beer...what better snack for Santa! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your traditions! :). Cracks me up that Santa gets a beer. It's awesome that you are carrying on that tradition! :). Thanks for sharing the recipe. We will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your traditions! Love the beer for Santa idea! [Popped over from Blogmas! - can't wait to read all of your Blogmas posts!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny. I'm Carrie.
    I'm new to blogging, but loving it so far.
    So nice to find your blog and see your link up with Sandra! I love the traditions you shared. We also do an advent calendar. It's like a little cabin with doors and my kiddos either find a treat or a slip saying "see Mom for prize".
    Love the beer touch too - so funny!

    Thanks for Grinch Punch recipe!! Totally think I need to add this for the kids this Christmas.

    Have a great week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of cookies and beer for Santa, too funny!! I like the Grinch punch recipe, never heard of that one either. Stopping by from Blogmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)