Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Not So Perfect Day

 
Well, today did not go as planned.  I woke up (on time, that was a score!)...and then down hill from there.  I was having a day when I hated my outfit, how my jeans fit....blah, blah, blah.  However, I did get a compliment from a coworker (another score!). But I then wondered about her sanity or if I look much worse on the other days...just kidding.  And then the dreaded phone call..... dun, dun, dun.
 
The school.  My sick child on the other end.  Crying.  "I got sick, please come get me."  Now, I know I was not the sick one, but the dreaded stomach ache hit, because as a mom of four, I know this is just the start of the season.  The sick season.  The sick days I worked to rebuild.  Gone. 
 
So, after a stop at the store for Sprite and Chicken Noodle Soup, and a pair of knee pads.  Oh, those were for child 3 who started volleyball today.  Being the nonathletic person I am, I bought the shoes, the spandex shorts, but completely forgot the knee pads.  I hope she does better than I would :) Anyway, it was home for naps. I do not expect my sickies to nap alone, that would be mean.  Let's hope this passes quickly.
 
I decided since I was home I would have time to cook a "real" supper.  After offering up all the choices.  The menu has become Green Bean Casserole (a favorite), candied baby carrots (a favorite of mine), and chicken nuggets.  Yes, chicken nuggets.  I made several other suggestions and this is what they wanted.  I can see it now.  When I am old and they are remembering me, one of my girls will say...  "Remember her chicken nuggets?  The ones in the Generic, Economy Sized Bag.  I loved those."  and the other three will smile and nod in agreement.  Yep, that will be my legacy.
 
Anyway......here is picture of the sickie....I hope she feels better soon.  I hope she keeps this illness to herself.  But, I am pretty sure, someone will decide to share.  They love each other like that :)
 
 
And, I now realize looking at this picture, how bad the paint scrapes on my wall look from the old recliner.  Another project, for another day. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)