Thursday, December 19, 2013

One Perfect God

 
 
Today is a hard day for me.  Thirteen years ago today, my mama went to be with the Lord.  She suffered greatly with the cancer that eventually ended her life.  She struggled with the anxiety of dieing and leaving her family here on earth.  She struggled with feelings of why me, etc.
 
I was thankful for her to have peace in Jesus and knowing that Heaven was such a great reward when her suffering ended.  I just didn't know how much mine would increase. 
 
I miss her as much today as I did that day 13 years ago.  She was my best friend.  She really did know all the ins and outs of me.  We had our share of disagreements, but in the end and to the core, we loved each other.  She was always there for me....every minute of every day.  Whenever, whatever, no questions asked.  Unconditionally.
 
That is how my God loves me.  I often forget this.  I want to earn it, to be worthy of it, to accept it.  It is a free gift.  It is what it is.  It is how I love my four children, it is how my mom loved me.  I am not perfect, my God IS perfection.  Because he loves me, accepts me, holds and comforts me, I am able to accomplish great things. I am able to enjoy life. I am able to get through the hardest of days when I miss my loved one's presence on this Earth.  It is because of his perfection, I have the promise of seeing them again someday.
 
 
Do you know God's love for you?  If you do not or are feeling overwhelmed with your own struggles, leave a comment on this post.  I will pray for you. I will pray for your needs, your struggles, your heartaches, and for peace for you. 
 
My One Perfect God can heal your heart and your situation. 
 
In Christian Love.....Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)