Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with Thanksgiving.~ Psalm 69:30
 
This past month, Facebook was alive with the daily posts of thankfulness.  I must admit, it got harder as the month went on and I finally gave up for the most part.  It wasn't that I didn't have enough to be thankful for, but the little things seemed frivolous when I would write them. 
 
I try to thank God every day for what he has blessed me with.  I know he knows my heart and I feel confident in knowing he knows that I am very thankful for him and all I have.  I am also very thankful to live in a country where I can openly worship my God.  I do not take this for granted.  Freedom of religion is a liberty that our founding fathers were adamant in pursuing and maintaining. 
 
For those of us who are Christians, we are called to not be lukewarm.  When we stand in judgement, we do not want Jesus to say "I never knew you".  It is ok to be a "Jesus Freak", a "Bible Thumper", a "Christian". 
 
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might ~ Deuteronomy 6:5
 
Have a Blessed Sunday dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)