Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Winter Items I Can't Live Without

 
If you have read my blog, like ever, you know winter and I have kind of a tolerate, bordering on really dislike, each other kind of relationship.  If I could have snow without ice and in 50 degree weather, life would be fine for those 4-5 months.  I don't really dislike snow.  But I can't handle being cold.  At All!!
 
Ok, Rant over, for today, maybe, until it is brought up again....
 
What can I not live without?
 
A Warm Coat...my favorite coat is my black puffer coat.  It was super cheap from Sam's eleven (yes, eleven) years ago.  It is the warmest coat ever and luckily has never went out of style.  The zipper is being a little iffy this year and I just might cry if I talk about it too long.  This coat washes and drys so well and does not look like it has been a winter staple for eleven years.  I also have a North Face that I love but if it is below 20, the black coat wins hands down, every time.
 
I also wear black leather gloves.  I will spend more money on a good pair of gloves because they make all the difference.  I like leather ones because I can do everything I need to (except dial my phone) without taking off my gloves every three seconds.  I like the ones with fur on the inside for extra warmth. They last forever and I have only had to replace a pair when I lose one (I never lose both, kind of like socks).
 
Merry Christmas and link up with Diary of a Stay At Home Mom to read the other Blogmas 2014 posts.
 


8 comments:

  1. I hope you live in the south! LOL! In Missouri we never know what we are going to get. The joke is if you dont' like the weather wait an hour or so, it will change. :)
    I used to like winter but the older I get the less I like it. I can't stand to be cold. Especially my feet. I have had a hard time finding a coat that I really like. One that I would keep that long.
    Stay warm!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful, I wish it was the south, I am a midwesterner as well :)

      Delete
  2. lol, I feel you re:winter relationship. I love snow but hate the cold.
    lololol yesss why only one glove? I have yet to understand why only ONE glove or sock get's lost.... do they argue with each other and decide they don't want to spend any more time with each other? does someone decide they'll only take one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to get your black coat re-zipped....and why IS it that we only ever lose *one* of something!!!!??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL my husband says the same thing about the snow, he doesn't mind it, he just minds the ice and the cold LOL

    Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with your why can't we have snow and 50 degree weather with no ice. That is my kind of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - hope your favorite coat hangs in there!! I relate too well fellow Midwestern Gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)