Sunday, December 8, 2013

Give Me Grace

 


 
I am giving up on the dream of being a "Perfect Mom", a "Real Housewife", and a "Martha Stewart". Giving it up I say.  I have not even come close to these ever, and all I ever do is feel guilty because of it.  I pin on Pintrest, read blogs, read magazines and books....all in the hopes of getting it together.  I am going to embrace me and my personality.  I like things nice, I will continue to strive for organization (oh, not my thing), and will continue to work on hobbies that relax and inspire me.  But the guilt is gone.  I will not worry about what a loser I think I am, and what others are doing or not doing.  Letting it go!!! Yeah, 2014 that is my first resolution!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, MIssie! I HATE clutter and we have a lot of it. I am always battling against organization and mess. Much of the time, I let it go to enjoy my family and hobbies (which is more important to me), but it is always on my mind...I always liked the story of the dying person NEVER saying they had wished they had kept their house cleaner...it almost always is wanting to live life more fully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Carla! Please keep me accountable when I backslide :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)