Monday, February 2, 2015

What's going on around here....

 
I am joining up with The Simple Woman's Blog to bring you my weekly day book.  Link up and share yours and read the other links....


 
 
 
 
For today...February 2nd (Groundhog's Day) 6 more weeks of Winter was the prediction.
 
Outside my window....Snow.  We got enough to cover everything, but not the storm that was predicted.  I can handle this.  I will admit, snow is beautiful the first day before it gets slushy and dirty.
 
 
 
I am thinking...how nice to have the day off.  Sometimes using a vacation day to hang out around the house is worth it.
 
I am thankful and in gratitude for... an older daughter who is responsible and can run the house and the family well when left in charge for a few days.
 
I am wearing...my pajama pants and an Oklahoma Sooners hoodie, this may be what I stay in all day long :)
 
I am wondering....if raising teenagers will turn me completely grey in the next few years.
 
I am reading... I am finishing up Screens and Teens and am still reading Own Your Own Life.  After this I plan to read something non fiction for fun.
 
 
 
I am learning...that life really does go fast.  Lucy is turning 9 this week.  She is my baby....sniff sniff.
 
One of my favorite things from the week... I spent 3 1/2 days in a vehicle with my man.  We went to Texas to pick up a pool table he bought.  We had a wonderful time enjoying each other's company, eating snacks, singing to the radio, talking, going out to eat, and just reconnecting. I really loved this time we had together and he did as well.  Where to next babe? 


 
 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you and your hubby had a nice few days together! I am working on a get away for our anniversary in March, not sure where I want to go, but we both need to get away for a few days! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that raising teens will turn you grey! Well, I am 63 and grey already with two teens in the house. Does that count? Have a super week

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you and hubby had a great time away together! that is so important. And yes, teens will turn you grey very quickly! I buy a box of color bout every 6 weeks. :(
    Hope you enjoyed your day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite sure, in fact I guarantee you will be finding more grey hair with teens. And to make it worse, they are usually the ones who point it out! I am really glad you had a nice trip with your hubby, how are you enjoying the pool table? Have a great week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as if you and your hubby needed that get-away!! I agree with everyone...teenagers WILL cause grey hair...I am also 63 years old (64 this August) and have 3 "children" - adults with children of their own! Enjoyed reading your Simple woman's daybook post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Penny! Ooh, I love road-trips with my husband, one of my all time favorite things to do! Just the other day my 31 yr. old son told me he found a few grey hairs on his head, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your snowfall wasn't horrendous. Stay warm and dry. Hope you and hubby have more bonding trips together in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)