Monday, March 4, 2013

Time to Read

 

It is what I do for a living.  It is what I do for fun.  The best of both worlds you may say.  I have a lot of favorite authors and genres of books that I love to read.  If I am reading for myself, I tend to read a lot of self help in the Winter by women ministry authors for the most part.  I read about being a better Christian, a better mother, a better wife, a better steward of my resources, etc. 

However, when Spring hits.....I read more fiction.  I love a good series because I hate when a good book ends.  I want to follow up with my characters.  I would love to know how Cinderella and Prince Charming really turned out.  I enjoyed the Hungry Games Trilogy last Spring and Summer.  I absolutely loved, loved, loved The Twilight series.  I cried when I got to the end of book four and it said The End. 

A cup of coffee or a coca cola and a good book is my way of relaxing.  Sitting in my chair on the deck is my favorite spot once the weather warms up.  I will move my chair to different spots to avoid a glare all afternoon sometimes.  In the winter, I prefer my big comfy bed.  Christmas break was a reading fest for me.

I have a Kindle now.  I thought I would hate it at first.  Then I started to enjoy it and now I love it!!! It can hold like 2000 books!!!! That is amazing, and I will probably fill it with 2000 books....lol.  Check out my Shelfari for some of my recent fav reads.  I won't post all my books that I read on it or it would be a revolving carousel....

At work I get to read to children.  Reading aloud is so fun for me.  I have fallen in love with so many more authors in the past few years.  I love the silly pigeon who wants to drive the bus and don't even get me started on Pete the Cat.  Oh and of course.....Dr. Seuss and Eric Carle.  The list goes on and on and on and on....

If I could just get the gals to love reading as much as me........


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)