Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
So.....what do people who have been married for almost 14 years do for fun?? 
 
Go to Home Depot without their kiddos!!
 
Yep, that was date day.  Lunch at B-Dubs, Shopping at Home Depot, and visiting a friend at the hospital.  But as I said above, no kiddos!!   No, this is not how we always spend our date time.  We go to movies, out with friends, and sometimes just drive around in the country.  Ok, old people dates....lol
 
Doug and I are finally in a new season of life.  We do not have to always find a sitter to enjoy time together.  It makes me sad that our gals are growing up, but getting to know my hubby again is a privilege and benefit to this time in our lives. 
 
I love my gals....but I enjoy not having to tend to one million needs every other minute.  It is also nice not to have to sensor every word, make sure people are not eating gum off the bottom of the table at a restaurant (true story), or go to the bathroom and assist anymore.  Breathing room.......
 
Being a mom of preschoolers is exhausting. Being a mom of older children is exhausting, but in a different kind of way.   I have found that I enjoy high schoolers and find them incredibly funny.  junior highers are the weirdest people to walk the planet, and elementary kiddos are still sweet and cuddly for the most part without being quite as high maintenance as the preschool years. 
 
I am blessed to have spread my four girls out over the course of a ten year span, so I get to experience all of these age groups for a long time.  Doug and I have managed to postpone the empty nest until we are almost retirement age...lol
 
I am a young mom in one class and an old mom in another.  I have some experience with one child and am thrown new experiences with the others.   I love it!!!!
 
I complain a lot about our schedules being to jam packed, but it is a season of life and I know it.  I still thank God every day for these blessings on my life.
 
Have a wonderful and blessed week my friends
 
 
Doug said this picture was too old to use, I reminded him it is one of the only ones of just us.  I guess we need a photog session :}
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)