Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
Proverbs 31:  She looks well to the ways of her household  and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 
So what is is idle?  I look at my home and see the mess and chaos and wonder "Am I lazy?".  No, I am not.  I am extremely busy and go from activity to activity for my children, husband, and job. My household is more than my home, it is the people in it.  It is the extended family that I love.  When I am at work, I am still looking over my household when I use my lunch hours to run to the grocery store, pay bills, etc.  I am in contact with my children by texting to know that they are home, safe, and getting prepared for what evening activities we may have.  I am planning dinner in my head, and rushing around to get it on the table before 8 pm. 
 
I feel guilty when I sit down and read or work on a hobby. There are so many other things that should be done, but these are things that help me to refuel. If we are not meeting our own needs for rest, we have nothing to give.  Why does the Proverbs 31 woman scare us so much?  Because we compare ourselves to her without looking at all of our circumstances.  As women we tend to say...."Of course, I can do that too."  and when the entire picture doesn't look perfect, we judge ourselves and others by the ideals we set in our minds.
 
We need to give ourselves permission to not assume that we are not the "perfect woman" by our outward appearances, but by our hearts and where we are aiming to be. 
 
Having a Blessed Sunday and a wonderful week dear friends!!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)