Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
2 Kings 19:29  And this shall be the sign for you:  this year eat what grows of itself, and in the second year what springs of the same.  Then in the third year sow and reap and plant vineyards, and eat their fruit. 
 
A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine
 
Yucky day.  It started it with the typical "Spring Forward" shuffle.  Everyone acting like one hour makes getting ready impossible.  Left for church when it was actually starting (we live 15 minutes away).  By the time we got there (with scowls on our face) we would have missed 1/4 of the service, so we decided to go out to breakfast and church with our family in Charleston.  After breakfast, I felt sick.  Great.  So home we went. 
 
Ok, here is the blessed part.  When this momma is sick, my girls hang with me the whole time.  I came home, put on my pajamas and crawled into bed with my four baby girls for the rest of the afternoon and watched movies.  They make me feel so loved and cared for. 
 
Why is it that we forget that these little things make life worth living.  Families are our comfort in a crazy world.  The behaviors we teach are the behaviors we receive.  When my gals are sick, I always cuddle in beside them for the day.  Well, if I am able to be the one at home that day with them. It is what my Momma always did for me.  I have watched Katie do this same thing when both her grandmas were sick.  It is just natural for her.  It is comforting to know someone is snuggled in beside you, just because they love you. 
 
I am blessed to have this family of mine.  I wish that for all of you.  Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week dear friends :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)