Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What I learned in August

 
 
I'm back..... this past month has been it's own kind of crazy.  Finishing up summer and getting back into school, the new school year at work, and normal daily life have all  been a little exhausting. 
 
The things this past month have taught me are:
 
I do not appreciate a "cooler" summer.  I like a nice hot summer. This one felt more like a continuation of Spring for me.  It is only September 2nd and my tan has faded....bummer. 
 
I  have enjoyed our new kittens and when they all went missing, I was as sad as our girls were.  Two have returned and we are hoping the other three have found a loving home wherever they are.
 
School supply shopping is one of my favorite things to do.  I love pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks, etc.
 
I don't like paying the bill when it is time to register my children again for school.  Wow! Public School is not cheap.
 
I am really poor at self control.  I am back to drinking Coca Cola like it's my job, but it really is one my favorite things in life.  Simple things.
 
I have amazing kids and their hearts for others and for God inspire me to be the best I can be.
 
School spirit for my alma maters is important to me and I am so thankful to be tied closely to both still today. High School and College.
 
I LOVE High School Football games and now that the first game (and victory) of the season is in the books, I am craving something pumpkin flavored because in my mind, Fall has officially been ushered in......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)