Monday, September 8, 2014

Sharing Some Scripture

 
Sometimes a verse comes out of no where and hits you right between the eyes.
 
I have felt for a while that God has been asking me to analyze my use of  social media.  Mostly Facebook.  Why am I so intrigued by it?  I do care about people and their lives.  I like sharing parts of my life with other's as well.  However, how much time should I give to this?  With my phone being broken, I am only checking Facebook a couple times during the day and only for messages and notifications.  It has become another source for me to contact people and for them to contact me.  I am committing to continue on with this for the next few weeks to deprogram myself a little.  And to rest.....  I am wanting to blog some more and I LOVE LOVE LOVE instagram because I enjoy sharing my pictures and seeing other's pictures.  The verse that confirmed my need to do this is.....
 
 
1 Thessalonians 4:10 & 11 ~ and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you ; so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one. 
 
 
Anything can become a addiction or a stumbling block for us.  I feel God is showing me that this is an area that needs to be prayed about and adjusted. Obedience is not easy but the fruits we receive when we listen and obey are limitless. 
 


1 comment:

  1. I can so relate! I could literally kick myself sometimes for the amount of times I checked FB that day. I am so convicted by the verse you shared. Thanks for sharing it and kicking me back into checking in with God more than FB. :)
    Xoxo
    www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)