Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Do You Love the Ordinary Parts of Your Day??

 
Yes, Yes, Yes I do.
 
I have a morning routine and an evening routine and without them I would go crazy..... 
 
First thing in the morning, I feed the cats.  If I didn't do this first, the puppy would go nuts.  She makes sure this happens first.  Wierd but true.  Then I feed both dogs, make a cup of coffee, and sit down to check emails and read my devotions.  I usually check out instagram, blog lovin, and facebook on my phone as well.  Then the morning "get ready for work" routine begins.
 
 
Then I go to work.....

Lunch time is usually spent running errands.  I LOVE to run errands (except for the grocery store)  I like to puruse Walm, CVS, etc.  I really like when I have to stop by the library!!  And sometimes lunch is lunch with a friend (those are my favorite).
  
 
When I get home, the cats meet me at the van, usually because it is time to eat again.  I feed them, and then start figuring out what to feed the family (ok, sometimes I just make the family feed themselves, I don't have preschoolers anymore). 
 
Then usually the evening craziness prevails and calms down around 8pm or even later during the school year. We usually watch Bold and the Beautiful as a family (sad but true) and some other television shows.  I like to read in the evening before bed.  I really strive to be in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 because if not I can not function the next day. 
 
 
All to start over again in the morning!!
 
 
I love spending time with my husband and kids, snuggling with the pets, and vegging. The hustle and bustle of life would be overwhelming without those ordinary routines that bring peace and calm to our home. 

I thank the Lord for those moments. 

Ordinary usually means drama free.  I like drama free.  And even if there is drama, it is expected drama and I can deal with that. 

So yes, I do love the ordinary parts of my day.  Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you...I have to have a routine or I would go bonkers! It's even better if I check to do's off a list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)