Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Show Us Your Cookies or Recipes

 
This post title for Blogmas made me giggle.... I do know how to cook and I do make many things homemade and very well. However, I am not one of "those"  Christmas Cookie Bakers.  I love that there are many of you out there and I am your Christmas Cookie Eater when I am given the opportunity. 
 
At our house we use the pull apart and bake cookies in the refrigerator section of the grocery.  All kinds, all brands.  I am pretty sure I could say that the chocolate chip ones are the favorite in my family, but when it comes to Christmas, we always make the sugar ones from Pillsbury with a Christmas stamp of some kind on them. 
 
 
 


I know, this is probably a mom fail but it works for us.   
 
However, I do like to make the rolo/pretzel candies and I make a really good graham cracker toffee. 
 
But my favorite thing to make for Christmas and New Years is......
 
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
 
1 stick softened butter
1 container whipped cream cheese
 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (or more to taste)
2 cups chocolate chips
 
Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips, together until well blended.  I use my Kitchen Aid for this.  Lastly add the chocolate chips until mixed well.
 
Put in a small dish and chill (cheeseball in the fridge, you on the couch)
 
Serve with Graham Crackers....or just on a spoon lol.
 
Once you make this, it will be requested again each year.  Be ready to commit for the long haul.....


7 comments:

  1. Oh, the cheese ball sounds delightful!!! I bet it would be yum with slightly salty popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheeseball sounds yummy! And there is no such thing as a mom fail on the baking cookies part....I actually bought bagged cookie dough mix today instead of making cookies from scratch because it just seems so much easier for me this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that cheeseball sounds so good, I think I might put that on my menu :) And I don't think you're a mom fail at all, I actually like the cookies from the refrigerator section :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I am thinking that this year would be a good year to go with the pull apart and bake kink myself. If things don't slow down, I may skip Christmas all together. (only all the "stuff" because I love meditating on the Lords Birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is so yummy! And my kiddos have as much fun with the pull apart cookies and the "get in there and mix" cookies. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pillsbury Christmas cookies are really good, I also buy them. If I have time and I want to fancy them up, I'll roll the edges in colored sugar. I may have to try the Chocolate Chip Cheeseball, that sounds really good, (I like the chill part, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good. I saved the recipe to make it this year thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)