Monday, December 8, 2014

Catch Up for Blogmas

 
I am playing some catch up on my Blogmas list today...
 
When Do You Open Presents?
 
We open one gift on Christmas Eve.  Usually I get the girls something similar so I pick that gift so that every one gets it at the same time.  I am excited about this years sister's gifts.  I will fill you in after the holidays :)  All other presents are opened on Christmas morning.
 
 Handmade Christmas Gifts to Give or Get?
 
I love to get those coco mixes, etc.  in the jar.  Really anything homemade, I just love the sentiment of it.  To give?  I haven't been as good at this as of late.  I sometimes buy homemade Apple Butter from the Amish store and give it with a bag of bisquit mix.  I haven't made it homemade, but it is the next best thing. 
 
What is on Your Wish List This Year?
 
Nothing really specific this year.  I would like a carpet cleaner I think.  I may need to let someone know that though, I don't think that is the type of gift that usually comes to mind. 
 
I really do like to just get money or gift cards.  Shopping without guilt is one of the best presents for me :) 
 


8 comments:

  1. Gift cards are always nice; and those, home-type gifts are hard to think about for others unless they have specifically related what is needed. My youngest daughed named off all sorts of kitchen utensils she needs/wants (but I have forgotten)...guess I need a new list from her!! And my oldest daughter said something about cooking lessons for her and her husband at one of our local grocery stores! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get gift cards and not cash because I always spend my money directly on my kids. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. A carpet cleaner sounds like a great gift. I love that sort of thing. One year my husband bought me a kitchen aide mixer and my mother-in-law thought it was one of the worst gifts because it was like telling me to cook or something. I guess she didn't know I'd been asking for one for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you get your girls all something similar. When my sister and I were little we would have to open our gifts with our backs together to keep from ruining the surprise for the other (gifts always the same just different color).
    I agree, gift cards are great! For just the reason you mentioned. No guilt shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could easily add a carpet cleaner to my list, too! I love that you do sister gifts and think that's so special. I so agree with Liz and you...gift cards are better than cash because I'll spend it on my family. Guilt free shopping is the best! I enjoyed your catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping guilt-free is always a wonderful option on the wish list! I love practical gifts too - so I completely understand the carpet cleaner idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love practical gifts and I completely understand what you mean about shopping guilt free :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you...I love receiving homemade gifts. There is something so special about them. I'm not as good at making them! We, too, open one gift on Christmas Eve. I always get my loves Christmas pajamas....even though they are getting quite old!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know a carpet cleaner isn't the first thing that comes to mind but I think if its something you want then go for it..merry Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)