Friday, December 5, 2014

Favorite Christmas Foods...

 last year at Christmas
 
I am traditional when it comes to Christmas food....
 
We often have ham, mashed potatoes or au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, and brown and serve rolls (I have an insane love for brown and serve rolls).
 
Another traditional food for my family for Christmas is Prime Rib.  My mom always made it, my brother made it for several years after she passed, and this year I think Doug is going to make prime rib on our smoker.  Yummmm.  It is perhaps the only steak I really like. 
 
I am always up for pumpkin or chocolate pie as my dessert. With lots of Rediwhip !!!
 
Now that I am hungry........ 

I am really enjoying everyone's Christmas posts.  I ordered Love Actually to watch this weekend.  It seems to be a big hit and I am not sure if I ever even heard of it. 

Merry Christmas !
 


5 comments:

  1. I like the traditional Christmas foods, too. Love Actually is a nice movie! Oh, my boys discovered that their Grandma used brown and serve rolls and they went on for DAYS about how betrayed they felt, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...my girl's accept that if Dad makes the rolls they will be homemade but if mom does it will be brown and serve. I just love them that much :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a traditionalist too! Growing up brown and serve rolls were an absolute must! Just loved how the butter melted into them - perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tradition and traditional Christmas food, it's what we do as well. I think you'll enjoy Love Actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post! Note to self: don't read Blogmas posts about FOOD if you haven't yet eaten breakfast!!!.....hoping Love Actually arrived....do let us know if you enjoyed it!!! [I know you will!]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)