Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Update on Fall Goals

 
1. Finish all of our Christmas Shopping by November 30th. I used to live by this rule and enjoyed the Holiday Season a lot more.


A few presents were bought after but for the most part this was attained.  Everything was even wrapped a week before Christmas.  Yes!
 
 
 
2. Have Christmas Cards ready to order by November 15th.

Not by the 15th :(  They are currently done but not sent out.  We have been battling strep and the flu at our house.  Some peoples will be mailed late and others will be hand delivered.  Such is life.
 
 
 
3. Make a new pumpkin recipe.

We bought pumpkin noodles at at the pumpkin patch this year.  We cooked them in chicken broth just like normal homemade noodles.  They were AMAZING....this will definitely be on the fall purchase list.  I am getting tired of pumpkin spice this and that, so after a container of pumpkin spice creamer and a couple of pumpkin pies I was ready to move on.
 
 
 
4. Have Doug go with us to the Pumpkin Patch this year. It has been a few years since he has been able to go, and he LOVES the pumpkin ice cream and the bakery. In his defense, he is a farmer. Fall does not usually leave time for frivolous activities like pumpkin patches. We will visit the bakery for him if he doesn't get to go....love our Farmer :)

He made it this year...Yes!


 
5. Make Lucy a scarf and ear muffs before Oct 15th. Finish up Madison's scarf and ear muffs as well.

Madison's got done but now she wants some buttons sown on for decoration (still sitting there waiting) and Lucy's scarf is done but I ran short on the yarn for her head wrap and haven't found a match yet....uggghhhh.



All in all I don't think I did too shabby on this season's list but have decided to not make a winter list.  What gets done does and what doesn't doesn't.  You will all understand my new year's philosophy when I reveal my "word" for 2015.  Are you doing a word for the New Year?  

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great fall Penny! I haven't ever heard of pumpkin noodles, interesting... :)
    I found Women Living Well through your blog! Thank you so much for having it listed as a blog that steals your time! LOL! Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)