Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines and a Recipe

Happy Valentines Day!
 

 
 
This is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the red, pink, hearts, valentines, everything. 
 
I got each girl a new shirt and pair of valentines socks.  Lucy of course had a valentines party at school and the other girls all had a sweetie this year....oh my!
 
I made Doug a homemade gift and decorated the door with hearts that stated different things I love about him.  I also sent him a picture as a text with I Love You.
 
Then to finish off the day, I made homemade Paula Deen Crockpot Potato Soup and have included the recipe in this post...oh yummm and oh so easy!
 
 
 
 
Ingredients:

1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes, I use the square ones

2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth or the big carton

1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup

1/2c chopped onion

1/3 tsp. ground black pepper

1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)

Garnish: minced green onion if desired

 Directions:

1. In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. 

2. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. 

3. Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined. 

4. Garnish with green onion.

 The bread is not included in the soup but baked up is a wonderful accompaniment.....

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)