Tuesday, February 25, 2014

10,000 steps.....


So I got this cool thing called a Fit Bit Flex for my birthday. I wear it on my wrist and it tracks my steps, calories burned, and even my sleep patterns.  It then syncs up to the computer and my iPhone to let me know my progress.  It is so awesome.  Much like the Fitness Pal app, it has made me aware of how unhealthy my current lifestyle has been.  The FP app let me know how much sugar I was consuming.  The Fit Bit lets me know how sedentary my life style is.  I know this is partly due to my type of work and the winter weather, but still....my word!! So you are supposed to have at least 10,000 steps a day to be healthy... this is where I am at so far.  However, I am going to get there.
 
Day 1- 2579
Day 2- 5925
Day 3- 3001
Day 4- 3324
Day 5- 7461
 
Add to this some poor sleeping patterns and this girl was not shocked, but saddened by what she has let happen.  Time to pull myself up by the boot straps and make some changes......
 
By the way...I will let you know my weight loss too, not a number (I am too vain for that) but that is not my total purpose.  It is health, energy, and longevity. I have a busy family to keep up with and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)