Monday, January 26, 2015

What is going on this week....



Outside my window... Just cloudy and cold.  We missed the bad weather that they forcasted yesterday...yes!

I am thankful...That I had a great weekend with my family this week and we went and saw American Sniper which reminded me yet again how thankful I am to be an American and for the men and women who make that freedom possible through their sacrifices of time, family, and safety.

I am wearing...My favorite sparkly sweater to brighten up this dreary day.

I am creating... I am finishing up one scarf and getting ready to start my pink one.

I am going... To Texas in a few days with my man to buy a pool table.  I am super excited since I have never been to Texas.

I am wondering... How many times he will let me stop and go to the bathroom before becoming frustrated and us getting into an argument!  Car trips can go either way.....

I am reading... Screens and Teens by Dr. Kathy Koch.  It has not been released yet but is a must read when it comes out.  I am thankful to have been chosen to review it and so far it has exceeded my expectations.




I am praying... For an opportunity that would make a Huge Difference for our family.  I will share more later, but please be in prayer for us.

I am learning... To let it go as Elsa says.  Wow, Disney must have made a fortune off of this saying.

Around the house... We won't even go there.  Let it go, let it go!  haha

In the kitchen... I am getting hungry for food that doesn't take 3 minutes to prepare.  Basketball is slowing down, so real food is on the horizon!

I am pondering... How long before a real snow fall?  I am kind of wanting at least one.  I know, be careful what you ask for.

A few pictures from our weekend...


Doug and I were hanging with just Madi on Saturday, Love this fine dime :)


Sometimes Doug and I judge a good game by it's concessions.  Nerd Ropes for a score!!


Madi's first time at Chick Fil A....whoops, how did that happen?


We found Big Foot's print in a town near by...uh oh!!





9 comments:

  1. Road trips are always fun!! Love your pictures! We are going to see American Sniper this weekend I think. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is amazing. Not a happy one, but amazing the same :)

      Delete
  2. You will probably go right past my place. If you take interstate 44 through Missouri! :)
    Hope you have a safe trip...
    I was always glad when basketball season came to an end. It seemed to go on forever! We have one Tuesday evening... we don't go to all of them anymore. Daughter plays in the band not on the team. ;)
    Hope you will show off your scarves when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your game Tuesday. I love when the season starts but love to see it go. I will definately post pictures when done :)

      Delete
  3. The book sounds really interesting. I am raising two teenage grandchildren and can use all the help I can get. Yes, sometimes wishing for snow might get you something you really didn't want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too think the book sounds interesting. I have an almost 22 year old that is glued to his screen. I had to cut off his internet access just to get him to finish... "gulp" high school. He has a very wide stubborn streak. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to get some time to read more of your blog, I have so many now to catch up on, I just love doing the daybook! I hope you have a great trip to Texas, drive safely! Oh Let it Go!! That is one great song and great saying ( I wish it was easier to DO though!) And Chick Fil A....I wish we had those in Canada, I so want to try one! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I went to see American Sniper this weekend too. Wonderful moving movie. Makes me thankful for all those who serve. It was especially hard to watch for me since my husband was a Marine and spent 6 months in Iraq during that time frame. So thankful he came back to us.

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)