Monday, January 12, 2015

Daybook for January 12, 2015



Outside my window it is an icy, snowy, slush.  We did not get the ice storm that was expected but it is still dreary and nasty out there. Not enough to not go to work...darn.

I am thinking that a warm cup of soup sounds good for lunch and we have a grocery store in the town  I work that makes amazing soup.

I am thankful for a wonderful weekend with some Christian friends that just make my heart sing with delight when I see them.  

I am wearing dress pants, a nice blouse, and the most amazing sweater I bought off the clearance rack at Maurices for 5 dollars!  It is warm and fashionable and I could just wear it every day I think :)

I am creating a scarf that I am almost done with.  It is for myself but my girl's keep asking if it is for them, so keeping it to myself may become a problem....

I am reading Own Your Own Life by Sally Clarkson.  I just started it but I think it is going to be a good one.  She is favorite Christian author of mine and one day I would really like to hear her speak.  She is a seasoned wife and mother who has been through the trenches and is seeing the fruits of her labor from the other side.  A true Proverbs 31 woman.

I am praying that my motivation surfaces.  I have been a slug as of late.  I have just ran too hard for too long and my body is saying rest.  But I have STUFF to do !! ughh

I am learning that when God says stop, he will make you stop.  And when you stop, he can be heard and his plans are not always the path we are creating on our own.

Around the house.... lots and lots of dishes, laundry, and stuff.  Stuff that has to go.

A few plans for the week include Lucy's make up piano lesson due to her teacher being under the weather, a make up Girl Scout meeting due to the literal weather, a couple basketball games for the junior higher, a couple games for the high schooler, and of course a busy work week for me and the hubby.  My oldest starts back at college this week and is starting a new job.  Busy, busy. 

What is your week looking like?

8 comments:

  1. Warm soup sounds amazing right about now! I am really cold. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love Warm Soup! Cute blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "I am learning"! I seem to be hearing some of the same things of late. Your girls are beautiful!

    Thanks so much for sharing your week here. I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny! Coming from TSWDB....you mentioned wanting a recipe of sardine bake...You want it here? Or email...fb...? Wherever you would like. I never thought I would like it either as I saw it on River Cottage Australia but we LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm so late! All this busy! :)
    Wow I remember all the running after school activities. It can wear you down. I always prayed for summer to come so school would be out, then I prayed for school to start because of all the bickering and fighting they did! Lol! Hope you get some rest! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post to read. I could go for some warm soup, too. :) Spending time with real Christian friends is always such a love balm for my heart. They recharge me. Keep warm, sweet lady!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds like a good book! I may need to check that one out.

    Friends are a life line. I got to go out with my bestest for the first time in ages Saturday night. We just walked around the mall and talked. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get Sally's posts on Facebook, and I really want to get that book, I just love her writing! Glad you had such a great time with friends, that is so nice to have friends that make you feel that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)