Thursday, January 1, 2015

A word for 2015

 
Last year I picked Focus....
 
I think I learned to remind myself to focus. To start exploring who I am, what I want, and where I want to be in order to focus.  I stopped with some of the fluff, added some other fluff, but thought things through more. 
 
It wasn't easy.  Digging deeper into yourself can open doors but open old wounds as well.  It was a year of ripping off the band aid in many ways.  One way I got through it was journaling.  I tried counseling, but journaling for me was a safer way of dealing with my stuff without having to share my stuff with others.  That will be a lesson to be learned at another time.
 
When thinking about this year's word, I contemplated:
Boundaries
Contentment
Overcome
 
But my word for this year will be Acceptance
 
Accepting who I am and what I am.  Knowing my place, loving my place, reflecting myself in my place. Regardless of where that place is.  Circumstances change, but who we are does not.  Accepting leads to contentment, knowing and enforcing boundaries, and being an overcomer.   Acceptance is the next step in my journey.

Happy New Year !!

 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your word! You are such a blessing to me. :). I need to learn to accept me more and learn to accept my strengths and limitations. Thanks for sharing your awesome word. :)
    Happy 2015! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)