Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Boys

 
Most people who read this blog know that before I became a  mom of all girls.  I was once a mom of only boys.  My boys Joe and Shae were my first borns.  They were fraternal twins who were born when I went into premature labor at 23 weeks.  Joe was born first and lived for 4 minutes, Shae followed a few hours later but was stillborn due to the trauma of child birth. They both touched my heart, soul, and life in a way that will never be forgotten.  They would have turned 19 this past May 31st (which is the actual date of Memorial Day, not just observed).  This is what my girls and I did to honor them this year.  I have had to have many awkward conversations when my girls tell people they have 2 brothers.  They are as much a part of our family as if they were alive because they continue to live in our hearts.


 
Hot wheels and Legos would have ruled a part of my life I am sure...the chalkboard was done by their little sister Katie....
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you, MIss! I bet they would be handsome young men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sweet! What a great way to remember your family members who are in the arms of their Father.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)