Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dogs, kittens, and kiddos know....

 
 
They say a hug is just good for the soul.  It releases endorphins which are the happiness to the receptors in our brains.  However, do we wait for someone to hug us or do we ask when we need or want one?  I am a waiter, but am learning to be an asker.  Other people don't always know when you are needing one.  If you are crying they know, if you are worried and bottling it all in, they do not.  I think we should take our cue from dogs, kittens, and kiddos.
 
 
Have you noticed that pets and children just know how good that touch can be for your soul.  They just sit and let you pet or snuggle them for as long as you are willing.  If one of my girls needs some lovin she just curls up in my lap (even the big ones) and that is the cue for play with my hair, stroke my arm, give me a hug.  Easy, peasy.  Why do we lose this as adults, how do we get it back?  We just start asking. 

It is sooo worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)