Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Currently


 
 
Listening to.... Ahhh, the sounds of the outside world.  It is neither too hot or too cold to have the windows open. I love the outside.
 
Loving...  I do love fall.  Not as much as summer, but a definite close second.  I love crisp air,  hoodies (by the way, I bought a really cute Under Armor one), and all the other fall activities.
 
Thinking... I am going to make apple butter this weekend.  Doug's Grandma has an apple tree and he brought me home a big 5 gallon bucket of apples today.  Of course, that will only make a crock pot of apple butter, but anyway....yummo!!
 
Wanting...one more pedicure.  Katie has homecoming this weekend, so Saturday, I will indulge with her....yeah, yeah, yeah :)
 
Needing.... not a thing.  We could skip grocery shopping, clothes shopping,etc... and be just fine.  Life is so, so, good right now.  Content.
 
Trick or Treat....this is such a treat.  My favorite recipe is one for Baked Pineapple that my dear friend Joy gave me.  My family becomes giddy when I make it  Here it is for you and your family to share as well. 


Baked Pineapple 2 cans chunk pineapple (drained)
1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
Mix together and put in a 2 qt baking dish.
Crush 1 sleeve ritz crackers and soak in 1/2 c melted butter. Spoon on top of pineapple mixture.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes 


 
   This currently writing prompt is from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade.

 
                                                     

 
 



2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...the baked pineapple and apple butter sound absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe!! This is part of our Thanksgiving dinner every year and it always a big hit. Enjoy the fall season.

    Renee
    Fantastic First Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)