Thursday, November 20, 2014

Yep, that's me.....



 
I am joining Jill Savage from Hearts At Home for the 3rd Thursday blog hop today.  The topic is Do You Love Your Personality?
 
 
I do love my personality.  I feel I am kind, intuitive, honest, empathetic, sympathetic, funny, sarcastic, open minded, tactful, forgiving, nonjudgemental, spiritual, and trusting.
 
However, I can also be quick to the tongue when angered, paranoid, reactional, emotional, and bitter.
 
I realize that the second set of traits is not as positive but are interwoven with the good ones to make me who I am and remind me that I am a work in progress.
 
Emotional- the double edged sword for me.  I can be happy and carefree or I can worried and sad.  I feel every emotion strongly and personally.  I read too much into other's emotions sometimes or assume that I can fix it or change it.  I am good at identifying when others are bothered by something, but I have to remind myself that not every emotion/situation is centered around me and therefore is out of my control.
 
Control- I don't try to control everyone in my environment but do focus on how I can improve the situation.  I have to remind myself that we all have free will and choices and others choices sometimes lead to negative consequences, just as mine do.  It is ok to let others (including my husband and children) crash and burn sometimes.  I am not the only one who is shaped by these experiences.  We are all on our own journey and God has a separate plan for each of us.
 
I am an introvert.  I love people and love to be social, but I also really love to be by myself.  I like to escape into my head.  I like to not feel like I have to worry about what I say, what I feel, or what would make others happy or  more comfortable.  I like to hang with just me sometimes.  That is ok.  It recharges me so I can be a better person and be better for serving others. 
 
It has taken me a long time to accept that I am not the life of the party, the dynamic one of the group, the sparkle in the punch.  I am the reserved one, the quieter one, and the one who tries to avoid the drama at all cost.  God has blessed me with some big personalities in my family (hubby and kids)  and I see my place as the one who is to calm the storm and celebrate in their enthusiasm.  We all have a place, and I like mine.  Do you like yours?
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You just described ME perfectly. I think we are twins in different cities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the sparkle in my punch when we get together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)