Monday, November 24, 2014

Home Maker Saturday 11/22

Ok, so this link up is actually Home Maker Monday, but I don't get to be a stay at homer on Mondays, so I am making my post about Saturday. I would love to be a Stay at Home Homemaker but at this season of my life, it is not possible. So even though I am a working wife and mother, I am still a homemaker at heart and this is what my Saturday (if I don't have to run, run, run around) entails...
 
The weather outside is..... Rainy but in the 50's.  It still surprises me that after a few cold days how 50 degree weather feels so warm.  I am wearing a tee shirt and cardigan with my jeans and sandals...I Love It!!
 
On the breakfast plate this morning...Bacon and eggs made by the hubby.  I made mine a sandwhich on a hamburger bun.  There is a deli near us that always makes their breakfast sandwhichs on hamburger buns.  For some reason, I have latched on to this and prefer mine on a bun at home instead of regular bread.  I am also having an extra cup of coffee this morning in honor of the rain.  Rain and coffee just go together :)
 
As I look outside my window... A beautiful rain drizzling down.
 
Right now I am.... doing laundry (love the smell of the dryer with fabric softener) and picking up.
 
As I look around the house... I see how busy our weeks have been lately and am happy for a slower pace today.
 
On today's to do list... At some point we need to run to the big town to take Katie's computer in for repair.  It was damaged by a flying drink at the kitchen table while working on a paper....many tears flowed from my college girl.  I keep telling her it will work out.  At this point, she feels her life is over :( 
 
Currently reading... I plan to start a new book this evening.  I am not sure which direction I am leaning....fiction or nonfiction.
 
On the TV today... Doug is ruling the tv roost today.  I am sure it will be some older movie (you know like from the 70's or 80's lol) knowing him. 
 
On the menu this week... Ummmm Thanksgiving!! I am making Waldorf salad for our work party tomorrow.  I could eat the whole thing myself, for real.
 
What I am creating at the moment..I am planning to start a couple new scarves for Christmas presents.  I am going to be one of those ladies who brings her crochet projects to the basketball games this year.  I am a cheer mom you know :)
 
New recipe I tried or want to try this week...I have never actually made Waldorf salad (though it looks rather easy) so I guess that is my new recipe :)
 
Favorite photo from the phone or camera this week...


 yes, she is a "little" spoiled....
 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, or Devotionals....


 
 
 
Link up with Diary of a Stay At Home Mom to share yours :)



4 comments:

  1. Love reading through your list. Can't wait to hear what you decided to read. By the way, I bought whip cream for my coffee today. I think an afternoon cup is calling me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your coffee! If starbucks does it, it must be the right thing to do :)

      Delete
  2. I have not had a Waldorf salad in years. I agree that coffee and rain (and cold weather) go hand in hand. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so easy to make and reminded me of my childhood. I was really glad there was plenty to take home and keep eating :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)