Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's OK

Its Ok Thursdays

I absolutely love the two blogs mentioned above. They have a regular weekly blog post and I have decided to play along.  I encourage you to read theirs as well.  I have absolutely nothing in common with these women, but enjoy living vicariously through them.  Much like reality tv.....lol

It's OK....

That it is my 42nd  29th birthday today....yeah me!

That I have a weird fascination with my urban dictionary desk calendar and now the app. So does Katie. We love looking words up.  It keeps me young and hip to raise these gals :)  Warning, some of the words are not appropriate for any one's eyes.  Please do not judge, I just skip over those.

That every year I try to give something up for Lent and fail (I forgive myself since I am not Catholic and don't really have to practice this).  Every year it is my favorite beverage, Coca Cola.  I am addicted.  I have only cheated 4 times since Ash Wednesday and every time it has tasted AMAZING.......fountain coke is my very favorite version, so each time I at least make it worth it.  Thank you Jesus for grace and forgiveness :)  Today is a free day since it is my birthday (I always add that in from the beginning). 

That I am sad(but only for myself) that my coworker is staying home with her children after today.  She and her family will be greatly blessed for this decision. 

That I take my birthday off of work every year for an "All About Me Day".  I love feeling absolutely no pressure to do anything but what I want to.  Sometimes it's shopping, one year it was a pedicure, some days it is reading a good book and taking a nap.  Today it may be lunch with Hubby or  shopping, I just haven't decided yet :) 
 
We should always strive to reach our full potential, but remember we all need "just ok" moments !!!
 
 










2 comments:

  1. Have a good 'ME' day and enjoy your coke. Hope it quits snowing for just a bit and the sun shines for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Happy birthday Penny! Oh......and keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)