Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life. ~ Proverbs 16:31
 
He has made everything beautiful in its time.  Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11
 
 
Sunday again?? Wow how time flies.  I am so excited that this week does not seem to be as jam packed as every week for the last few months has felt like.  Breathing room.....yeah!!! 
 
I have a birthday this week!  The big 4-2!! I remember thinking someday I would not enjoy my birthday or telling my age.....not yet!! I love my birthday and I could care less about being 42.   I don't enjoy gray hair or the newly acquired wrinkles, but I feel I have earned each of them. 
 
I look like my mom......
 
I have always looked like my mom, but  now a days, I look like how I remember my mom.  I pass a mirror, and think "Holy Cow it's Phyllis!!"  That is ok with me.  Better than ok really.  But it makes me miss her even more.  She loved my birthday too....  She was an amazing cook and cake maker.  I would love to have her make me something like spaghetti casserole or fried chicken for  my birthday.  I would love to have her bake and decorate my cake this year. It is funny to me how grief never really goes away, it just becomes a part of who you are.  There is a bittersweet feel to a lot of things.  I don't feel sad necessarily, just missing something. 
 
I think this is how God  wants us to feel.  We are not to feel like this world is it.  I have hope that I will spend eternity with my loved ones.  Now that I am older, I understand the concept of eternity better.  I only had 30 earthly years with my mom.  I will have an unfathomable amount of time with her someday.   
 
I have so many blessings to ponder from the last 42 years.....My Mom was one of my most precious of these blessings.  I will always strive to leave the same type of memory for my girls. 
 
Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week!
 
 
Me and My Momma about 3 months before God took her home :)
 

 

 


3 comments:

  1. I wish I'd had more time to get to know your mom, but she was always so kind and gracious and funny when I did get to spend time with her. You honor her memory by being the wonderful wife, mom and friend that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the missing, I had 32 years with my mom. I so miss her and I am looking more like her everyday. I have turned into her slowly, and I can look down at my hands and see hers. The ones that cared for me for so long.
    This earth is not our home. I am not staying. I have a better place to be and it will be worth everything here to get there.
    You do look like your mom. So much. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read this post again because I could just hear you saying them, "Now that I am older, I understand the concept of eternity better". So very true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)