Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why and When to start a family




This is a copy cat post from my friend Carla's blog Our Happy Chaos.  I liked the writing prompt and decided to share my story with you. 

Well, my family story has a few interruptions and a start over.  So here goes.  I always wanted to be a mom and a wife.  I could have easily been one of those drop out of school and get married type of girls from the fifties.  However, I did finish High School (with good grades), I went to Beauty School first (and graduated)  and then got my degree in Family Services from EIU. When I was 23 I got married.  I wanted children right away and was pregnant with twin boys 3 months after getting married.  However, when I was at my 23 week mark, my boys came early.  Because they were so small and weak, they did not make it.  Their birth story will be another post.  God blessed me with a second pregnancy 3 months after their deaths.  That is where my beautiful Katie enters into my life story.  She was the most wonderful baby you could ask for, and she loved her momma's attention.  She got it.  That is when I decided to be a stay at home mom.  However, her Dad and I were divorced shortly after she turned one and I then became a single mom and working was a necessity.

Enter Doug two years later and that is the "do over".  Doug and I were on the same page and Cassidy followed a little over a year after we were married.  She too was a beautiful baby, but a little more high maintenance as a toddler.....anyone who knows this spirited chickie would not be surprised!!   Madison was our unplanned but ecstatically happy surprise child born 23 months after Cassidy.  She has always had a quieter spirit than her older sisters and was such a low maintenance toddler.  Doug and I contemplated ending our family here, but anyone who knows me knows that baby fever is easily caught in the Krabel clan.  Lucy followed 3 1/2 years after Madi.  She is a strong headed gal who mirrors Lucy from the Peanuts gang with her attitude.  She would so pull the football away from a running boy just to watch him fall.  tee hee hee.  I was a stay at home mom for most of this period of our life and marriage.

Today, I am the busy mom of four amazing girls who are growing up too fast for this momma.  I work full time and run the rest of the time to and fro with my busy family.  Doug is an amazing husband and father and I am so blessed for the family that God has chosen for me. 
   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I did not know about your boys....such heartache :( You have some great girls! It is SO nice to have a wonderful husband and father to your children, isn't it?! Glad you copied the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)