Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blessed Sunday



Today was a blessed Sunday indeed.  Today was a day that made me feel younger instead of older.  I have referred to my "mid life crisis", well today it was out the window.  Doug and I had our usual "we are the parents of four kids" type of date.  Lunch out by ourselves at Red Lobster (our absolute favorite),  followed by furniture shopping (yeah we are redoing the living room!!! new carpet, new couch!!!!!),  Sam's for some "organizing" furniture, and Home Depot for more landscaping blocks for the sidewalk I am making.......then.......dant ta da.....a Harley ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, motorcycle riding, how I have missed you!!!! Oh, how I have needed you!!!!!!!!  I love riding motorcycles.  My Dad always had a bike, my hubby had a bike before we were married, my brother had a bike, my guy friends had bikes, even one of my best gal pals had a bike!!  I love them.  It is a great feeling.  It was also the perfect day for it.  Yeah Spring!!!
 
Titus 2:4  And so train the young women to love their husbands and children. 
 
Loving them is the easy part, enjoying them takes making a conscious decision to spend time finding what makes you connect and grow in your relationships. Doug teased me this morning about not being interested in the new sprayer up at the farm.  I reminded him he is not overly excited about my new purchases or hair styles.  We have to work to appreciate the other's interests because let's face it....we do not always find the same things interesting.  Enter the answer to prayer.....we both love to ride.  We will not always be able to get away and enjoy this hobby together, sometimes it will only be his hobby, but sometimes it will be ours.  Thank you Jesus.  When we need something, you have the most awesome ways of making it happen.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)