Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thursday Thoughts


Happy Thursday...

So what has been on my mind this week?  Child Care.  Not for my family, at least not on a daily basis.  I am now in the blessed season of all my children either in school or old enough and out of school to fill in the gaps.  In fact, a few weeks ago, Katie was able to take the three younger ones to their dental check ups and I didn't even have to take a sick day from work.  Do you think I may start building sick days? Who knows.  I do know I have learned to work while wishing I was home in bed resting because taking a sick day for me being sick is usually just not feasible because you know one of the four gals will come down with something.  The life of a working mom...

In my profession there is a huge push for Quality Child Care.  I whole heartily agree with this.  However, I feel that sometimes our moms and dads get lost in the shuffle and no longer feel like the "expert" on their own children.  This is very sad to me.  As a mother, I feel like I know my child better than anyone.  I was given this child from God because he entrusted me with them.  I believe we as parents still need to read up, maybe take a training (though not necessary) and seek guidance from experts in the field.  But when it comes down to it.  Listen to your gut instinct or the Holy Spirit (as I refer to it as).

We live in a day and age when two income families are not just a choice but many times a necessity to keep your heads above water.  When it is a choice, please determine if child care is the Best Choice.  I am a firm believer that parents are the best choice if at all possible.  I may have made some waves with some people, but with all the child care that I experience, my convictions are strong in this area.  



2 comments:

  1. I will be sharing my testimony at in a couple different parts over at Jerralea's Journey. Part of my testimony is my disobedience to my husband and my Lord in not staying home when I had the opportunity...Our oldest was 2 when I went back into the workforce full time...looking back, it's the biggest mistake I've made as a parent. (not that I haven't made many but that is the biggest).
    I feel I am to share this with younger women and encourage them to stay at home. Even though I am still in the workforce (a result of disobedience!)... I have to make sure they know how important it is for them to be with their children! I agree. Mom and/or Dad are the experts on their children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be watching for your series. I am thankful for the intermetste times I was able to stay home for my girls. I am also back in the workplace because of not being obedient to God.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)