Friday, April 18, 2014

Past, Present, and Future....Good Friday

 
 
Past- This past few weeks has been CRAZY busy between home and work responsibilities.  Three of the gals were in the high school musical.  K was the lead!! I was so proud of all of them and the cast was amazing.  It was one of the best musicals I have seen.  Ok, I know I am slanted in my view :)  K was also recognized this week at a luncheon for Seniors who show an upstanding ability to blend academics and extracurriculars and maintain good grades.  That one makes me so proud I cry whenever I mention it...   Work has been filled with appointments, trainings, and meetings.  The weather has been crazy.  Friday and Saturday last week was so warm, Monday it snowed.  Yesterday was warm again.  I yi yi, I never know how to dress for Spring.  I am loving the warm temps though, even if they are not every day yet.  I lost a new plant due to frost.  I forgot to bring it in.  Poor little plant.  I was glad it didn't have  a name yet.  Yep, I name my plants.  Weirdo. 
 
 
Present....  Today is Good Friday.  I am off work not because of the holiday but because of the Festival of the Young Child tomorrow that I have to work at.  I rarely work on Good Friday because I take vacation that day.  I am almost offended that it is not observed at my employment anymore.  Sad really.  Jesus gave his life for all of our sins and we as a nation go on with our daily lives without even thinking about that sacrifice.  We do it everyday not just Good Friday.    I am so thankful and humbled by the fact that Jesus took my sin, wore it, and died for it.  I would not have the qualifications for my eternal destination without it.  Heaven would not be in the cards for this sinner without it.  Yes, sinner.  I sin everyday.  I sin differently than others and the same as many.  But sin is sin.  Thank you sweet Jesus for bearing that sin.  Thank you sweet Jesus for the torturous death you endured for me.  Thank you sweet Jesus for  your example on this Earth that a sinless life can be led, but for your sacrifice on the cross because I am too human to lead the same blameless life  as you did. 
 
 
Future....Work at the Festival tomorrow.  Family dinners and Egg Hunts on Saturday and Sunday. Girls are going to the Bunny Breakfast at the school.  Worshiping our Lord and Savior on Sunday morning, feel free to join us!   And a stress test on Monday.  Please pray for that.  I am super nervous.  I have been having some symptoms and they are ruling out the big things.  They feel it is just stress.  I have started making some changes to lead a healthier life style.  It is letting go and letting God that is the hardest for me to be quite truthful.  So prayers are appreciated. 
 
So that is a little bit of what is going on around here.  Have a Wonderful Good Friday, an Amazing Easter, and a Blessed week dear friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)