Monday, June 24, 2013

The Facebook Follow Up



Except for a few minutes of desperation and one really did need and want to let someone know I was thinking of them when they had a loss in their family, I Did It!!  I went a week without FB and lived!!!

Did I miss it....yes
Did I like it....yes
Will I continue on this fast....probably not

I have learned a few things about myself.  I am too nosey sometimes and I don't always like being in the know.  I can survive with only knowing the things that concern me. 

Facebook is still full of alot of negative energy, and that is not something I need in my life.  I am all for venting but the mean things said to and about others,  and the vague jabs at people are so not cool.  No longer do I plan to give these statuses a space in my mind.  I no longer care who those things are targeted at. 

As far as the comparisons topic.  It is still my issue whether or not I am on Facebook.  I still find ways to compare myself to others.  This is not the fault of Facebook but is definitely a means to feed this personal flaw.  I truly am happy for others and do not hold blessings against them.  I am very blessed myself and love to share those blessings with others. 

What started out as a rant ended up being a good life lesson.  I am no longer "fasting" but have decided to continue on a "diet" of limiting my facebook time. 

And btw....the Krabel's did and said a lot of funny things, too bad I couldn't post them last week :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)