Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Comparisons




Seriously, how is it that on Facebook I read about all these moms who sound as busy as me are getting it all done?  They post that they just cleaned their houses from top to bottom, cooked some amazing meal they  saw on pintrest, and are now just leisurely watching a movie with the kids.  In my world, if I get one of these accomplished, it has been a productive day or month....  Facebook also tells me that they always love mothering, they are married to near perfect spouses, their kids are perfectly polished to perfection, and that their lives are in perfect harmony with the universe......I want that!!!!

I have recently decided that Facebook is the enemy.  It feeds my terrible flaw of comparing myself to others and not ever measuring up in the slightest.  I have struggled with this my entire life and Facebook seems to be my new source for this self condeming behavior, and guess what people, I am not alone.  New studies are finding that Facebook is the root of many evils.  Do you know that one out of three divorces presently are the result of Facebook (and probably a host of underlying issues beforehand).  Why is it that we do this to ourselves?

Social media is not entirely bad but definately one of addictions. I am currently trying to be on a Facebook fast for seven days (I already cheated for about 4 minutes)....uggghhh why is this so hard?  I have only had Facebook for the past 5 years of my total 42.  I can do this!!!  Hopefully I can do a follow up to this rant and tell you about how I have successfully given up this addiction and my life is so much more fulfilled because of it.  We"ll see, self-control is a Fruit of the Spirit.....

2 comments:

  1. I think many people just post the positive stuff. I know I have become more private about my "problems" or complaints. I either do not want sympathy or my irritations have to do with close family members and do not want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Carla, it was definately a rant :) I think facebook does become an enemy to me, because I do compare my bad to others good. I think I am going to follow up my post with another one regarding that. I also only post my positive and really don't want to know everyone's dirty laundry on social media....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)