Friday, May 3, 2013

Oh, My Job


I so love that as part of my job I get to read and spend time with preschool children.  I love that they always have something to tell me whether or not it has to do with what we are talking about.  I thought I would share a couple of great ones from this week.....

While reading at a family child care home this happened....a little boy decided to rub my back during the story, then moved on to my feet and playing with my toes (I had on sandals this day).  It was cute at first, but I was happy when it was done and the mini massage was over...lol  During the same story, another  little boy paused me to tell me he sleeps in his pajamas...  Aww that's nice....then he tells me that his Dad sleeps in his underwear and sometimes his Dad sleeps naked....I am sure his Dad is happy that I now have that information...lol

I also read at a couple of centers.  The first center, a little girl asked me what was around my neck.  I said it was my necklace.  I asked her if she liked it and she promptly told me no.  Ok.... she then told me her mom has a necklace and she likes hers....That's sweet.  Before I left she asked me again about my necklace.  I asked her if she liked it better now....she promptly told me no. 

At the next center, I was reading a book about seeds and flowers.  We had lots of discussion regarding flowers, picking flowers for your mom, maybe a birthday party or two (we always find a way to discuss birthdays...lol)  and a little girl raised her hand....Yes Sweetie....Ms. Penny, I like to kill worms.....Oh, well that's just adorable. 

So this is a little window into why I love my job. 

And By the Way....I was rockin that necklace!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I taught a Transitional Kinder class one year and I agree~the stories kiddos tell you is half the fun! Too bad she wasn't won over by the necklace, and thanks for sharing!
    Nikki
    www.rushedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)