Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blessed Sunday

 
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11
 
 It is easy to forget that  everything in my life is part of God's plan for me.  My struggles, trials, and heart aches are part of a bigger picture. I have always believed that some of these are lessons I am to learn, and sometimes I am part of someone else's lesson, but it's not always fun.  But that is not actually my focus for today.
 
God wants to give us something more.  A future and a hope!!  A hope......I feel I lose sight of this....hope.  Hope that life will work out in my favor.  I am often like Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh.  "Oh bother" is sometimes my mantra.  I am not a glass half full kind of gal.  I am very much a glass half empty.  Why is this?  If I look back on my life, the bad things have definitely happened, but God's provision and where it has led me has been amazing.   Some of my hurts have left scars and sometimes reoccurring pain, but he has never left a need unmet, a loss not patched up in a new way, a new door not opened when another closes.  He always restores "the years the locusts have stole."
 
Just give hope a chance to float up...and it will too. ~ Birdee Pruitt  in Hope Floats 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)