Saturday, May 4, 2013

May Currently

 
This is what is currently going on in my world....
 
Listening...to Lucy play a game on the other laptop and Madi play a game on my phone.  Is this bad parenting?
 
Loving...that I got to hear Katie sing in the musical last night.  I love to hear my girls sing!
 
Thinking...that I wish it could be sunny on a Saturday when I am at home and not at work.  Oh well, soon.
 
Wanting...to do some shopping today. The fun kind, not groceries.
 
Needing...to paint the living room.  A job for tomorrow I think.
 
Summer bucket list...  go to Niagara Falls, make a Pintrest project once a week, learn one song on the piano. 
 
 
Well, sometimes I think we spend too much time on screens, but then it is Saturday morning, and we are all in the same room.....so that counts as family time :)
 
Last night was opening night for the musical.  Katie did an amazing job singing and it brings tears to my eyes when I hear her.  Cassie got to help out this year with the lights.  They both are having a great time.  The cast all did an great job.
 
We have beautiful weather during the week while I am working but our weekends have been rainy.  I am ready to enjoy some time on my deck in my new lounge chair.  Summer is coming, so I will be patient.
 
I am wanting to go shopping for some new things for the almost done living room.  I am thinking about an ottoman to hold my yarns for knitting.  I also would like to find some pretty fabric and make my own pillows for the sofa.  I have come so far!!
 
I need to paint the living room trim before the carpet is installed next week.  I am going to save that job for tomorrow afternoon.
 
Summer bucket list....I actually plan to take the summer easy this year.  I have always wanted to see the Falls, so hopefully when we go out east for the wedding, we can see them.  I would like to make a conscious effort to do more than just pin all the great ideas and recipes I see on Pintrest, so I am making it a weekly goal for the summer.  I have also not touched the piano in years, so I am going to try and relearn some of the basics.  It may be Jesus Loves Me or Wheels on the Bus, but I will be able to play something again by August.
 
 
This is a link up by Oh' Boy Fourth Grade 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)