Monday, December 28, 2020

Find Your Passion Question 1

 On Pintrest I found a journal writing prompt list from www.solutionstoallyourproblems.com for Finding Your Passion. There are 10 Questions and I am going to answer each one post at a time.  So here goes with Question #1


What was your favorite thing to do growing up?


So without saying this would have been different for different ages.  From about as young as I can remember to at least 10 years old (maybe longer if I admit) was to play Barbies.  I LOVED playing Barbies all.the.time.  I loved her clothes, camper, plane, dream house, tiny accessories, carasel kitchen, car, dog, cat, boat, pool, horse, and on and on.  I had all the stuff.  When I was little my dad was a drill sergeant in the army and when families with older girls would move and purge their toys, I got all the barbie stuff.  I was over the moon.  I think it was partly due to the fact that it was something I could play all by myself, since my only sibling was male and 13 years older than me.  Having 4 daughters I thought at least one would love Barbie as much as me, but none really took to her the way I did.  and that is ok.  We all have our thing.  I did not grow up to want to be Barbie, but would have loved to have one of those carasel kitchens.  


High School age I was more into staying in my room, watching dramas such as Knots Landing or soap operas, My fave soap was As The World Turns but also was obsessed with Bold and the Beautiful, Guiding Light, and Days of Our Lives.  I was a magazine junkie as well.  I enjoyed writing, being fashionable, and talking on the phone (which I actually hate to do now).  Shopping of course was a favorite and back in the day the Mall was full of excitement, great food, and socialization.  Online shopping has changed the mall atmosphere and I do miss that.  


College.....well let's be honest.  Socialization usually happened at bars and I was actually a pretty good dart player and beer drinker because of it.  That's enough on that one.  


I guess that takes me into adulthood, and what I enjoy doing now will be a different post.  I am still all of those things in different ways and with a lot more maturity involved.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)