Saturday, December 19, 2020

Almost Christimas

Who would thought that this year would have flown by when it seemed like the whole world came to a stand still. 

I feel like  Spring just started even though it is December.  We have been living virtually most of the year, not much action to look back on.   No sporting events, school events, or much organized activities but we still manage to be busy and on the go a lot.  


I know part of this is because we have a big family, both nuclear and extended.  In fact, if we want to keep a family gathering small, we basically can't get together.  We are 13 on our own! Wow, our family has always seemed big and noisy, but with all the grandkids, I didn't realize what big was.  I love it, I know my quiver is  abundant and I am so blessed.   


I am hoping after the first of the year to add some new content to this blog because we will be doing more with getting our farm and farmhouse ready for our family.  I think it will be a fun journey to document and look back on.  I have also been thinking and praying about my words to focus on for 2021.  Rather than one, I have three.  I feel they all go together so I am not planning to eliminate my focus on any of the ones that my heart and God is leading me too.  I will share those at the beginning of the year.  


 I am looking forward to a new year, a new focus, a fresh start.  Some people know that Doug and I have lead a lifetime of difficulties  and trying to work through crisis mode has been hard, but looking back I see the blessings that have come from those storms, lessons that were learned, God's grace and provision through all, and a deepening of both love and faith.  Storms have made us who we are and I love who we are.  God knew exactly who I needed to get through the hard times!  

Blessings abound when we open our eyes to gratitude and thanksgiving, they are there all along. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)