Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Salon

 
 
Today I am linking up with My Cup Runneth Over to let you know how the day is going.
 
Time: 7:08 pm
 
Scene: Hot and Humid!!
 
Today's Plan:  This morning the hubby and I went to church without kids.  I know, I know....we should probably "make them go" but some times we just let them sleep instead of the craziness of everyone getting ready at the same time.  Church and Sunday School were good, I then watched Doug do chores on the farm (yep, I watched), and then went to see an old college friend who was at our alma mater visiting.  I had not seen her in 16 years and Doug had never met her.  She now lives in Ireland (isn't that cool!), and then home so Doug and Cassie can start their tech week practices for the community theater musical they are in and Lucy had a Vacation Bible School kick off pool party. 
 
 I am listening to:  Madi complain about mowing....it has been an all day chore for her.  I even let her leave and go to the pool.  Side note.....this should not be an all day chore but when you stop the mower every two seconds to come inside for something, it tends to become one.
 
I am drinking:  A cold refreshing Coca Cola of course. 
 
I am Thankful for:  Spending time with an old friend, praising Jesus in a small town, the independence of a country that I can do this in, and even that junior higher that needs to be reminded every two seconds to finish the yard...lol.  By the way, the mower just stopped again.....
 
Happy Sunday!!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny! So good to see you around again. I was late getting my Sunday Salon up because I was out having a great time with my family. I am way behind in blog reading too! Wow! I would love to VISIT Ireland! Everything I've seen about it is just gorgeous!
    Yep, our kiddos did the same thing about lawn mowing when they started it. Really! Just get it done and let's move on to better things. :)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)