Monday, July 13, 2015

Daybook for July 13th...

 
Good Morning!! 
 
I am trying to get back to my blog after a couple months hiatis.... I know, you have all been distraught at my absence...lol   Anyway, what better way than with a couple of link ups.  Today I am linking up with The Simple Woman
 
Outside my window.... It is another hot and humid day.  There is a heat advisory on as well as some severe thunder storm watches.  hmmm
 
Thinking... That I am tired of rain for awhile.  It is too buggy right now. 
 
Thankful for... Coffee to help me start my day since I have to drive 2-3 mornings a week to a neighboring town to drop cheerleaders off for practice, before going to work the other direction.
 
Wearing... A skirt and sleeveless blouse because of the above stated heat advisory. 
 
Creating...  a calmer life.  My friend from college who lives in Ireland now was talking about how simple life is there and how no one is trying to impress or keep up with others.  Wow.... I wish I lived in Ireland. That is exactly what I am working to create here and have been making major life changes to do just that.  I am hoping to get there sooner rather than later.
 
Going... to work in a little while.  I LOVE my job now!! I love being with children all day, especially the babies :)
 
Wondering...  if summer will quit feeling like Seattle here in the midwest.
 
Learning.. That life isn't about possessions, it is about time and being intentional.
 
 Cooking...  hahahha...I think I have just given up on that with our summer activities.  Doug cooks meat on the smoker and I get out the cottage cheese and fruit...supper done :) 
 
I am not necessarily complaining about the heat around here.  I LOVE summer.  However, the mosquitos have been feeding on my arms and ankles this year because of all the moisture.  Ugghhh.  I keep scratching and making them bleed, so therefore I look accident prone with all my band aids.  I am ready for a stretch of true July days with sun, heat, and time on the deck.  Have a wonderful week!


9 comments:

  1. Ireland sounds wonderful. I always think that things will slow down in summer but they only seem to get busier trying to get all those summer activities fit in. I love the idea of meat on the smoker, fruit & cottage cheese - a perfect summer meal - and quick! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I always say we are too busy, but I love all our summer activities. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Visiting from Simple Woman's daybook. You have a lovely blog :-) For the mosquitos have you tried Skin So Soft from Avon? The original spray works pretty good for repelling them. Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten about skin so soft! Time to call my Avon lady :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Visiting Ireland is on my bucket list! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure things slow down in the summer. I think sometimes we try so cram in. LOT in between the blizzards. I say keep men who cook meat! I started taking my morning waks carrying a stick just to keep swatting at myself a little to scare off the mosquitos. I can't see them sneaking up behind me, so the stick helps. I am thankful for coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stick idea :) I may look a little crazy waving one sround in my yard but I would love to freak out the neighbors a little..lol Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful blog and I look forward to following you. Ireland sounds wonderful and it seems like we could take a hint from them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)