Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lent 2014

 
 
Well we had Fat Tuesday and then Ash Wednesday last week.  I usually try to sacrifice or "give up" something during the time between Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.  I am not Catholic but have always felt that this is an amazing act to prepare your heart for the Easter weekend.  However, I usually make this a food product and usually find that I cheat, make excuses for cheating, and then harbor guilt for the remainder of this time.  Now is that really preparing my heart?  So this year is different.
 
 
Jesus came to take my burdens away, not to give me more.  This year I am sacrificing my burden and truly accepting his gift of Grace and Unconditional Love.  I have "sacrificed"  my rights to this grace for many, many years.  I have prayed and believe in my heart that God will be glorified by this new sacrifice.  The difference being that after Good Friday, I will not be taking this burden back.  This years sacrifice will be a permanent one.  This years sacrifice will be life changing.  This years sacrifice will never measure up to his sacrifice for me, but will please him and bring him honor and will change the lives of the people around me.  Thank you God for speaking to my heart.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)