Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blessed Sunday


I have been absent most of the summer from my blog because I have been spending more time doing the important things in life....or shall I say spending time with the important people in my life.  Doug and I have been riding the motorcycle quite a bit, we even had a weekend away where we went to the motorcycle races and visited family out in the western part of the state.  Our family made the trip out to the east coast to be part of my brother in law and new sister in law's wedding.  While on the trip we went to Gettysburg (Doug was in history buff heaven) and to Niagara Falls (WOW).  We have  been to cookouts and softball games.  Had a few birthday celebrations and spent time doing our favorite summer activity....the pool. 

The most important thing I have learned this summer is that being content with what your life currently looks like, and being patient for the things you would like to see happen really makes life more enjoyable in the now.  I am giving up my desire for "ideals".  If you know me very well, I am not the "ideal" housewife, but I am a good homemaker.  I love my family more than anything except God and I am realizing that rather than beating myself up over the trivial things.....like unfolded laundry and a sink full of dishes, I am enjoying the moments with the ones I love.  Guess what? What they want is more of me.....I can do that.

I am sad that summer is wrapping up and that winter is fast approaching.  I do love so many aspects of fall....high school football games, pumpkins, warm coffee on a chilly fall day, harvest (Doug calls it the Farmer's Prom), Halloween decorations, and sweatshirts (I really do love a good hoodie).  Every year I vow to appreciate winter (has not happened yet) and all its cold and snowy glory.....maybe this year.   But one thing I plan to do is continue to focus on the now and the people in it.  God's timing is perfect.  Contentment is a heart issue and I will continue to keep my heart and mind focused on what is important. 

Have a Blessed Sunday dear friends...... 

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about the changing seasons.....would not want to live anywhere that they do not have distinct seasonal differences. I am looking forward to the slowing down and cuddling up of winter, focusing on my indoor crafty projects. Glad to see some new posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I think I would like it better if I could just stay inside...haha. It is the driving on the bad roads, bitter air, and slush that I dislike so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)